Old Man Kopitiam

I think the Old Man is genius... using the image-like of famous Coffee Shop...

The like also found in Indonesia with such...



====================================

Old Man Kopitiam Posted on 06 August 2008 by claudia

So I was hanging out in that Ampang Jaya Petronas station opposite ISKL last night. Well, not around the curb beside some motorbikes per se, I was in Craven Cafe okay. Anyway, as I normally do, I was zoning out quite a fair bit when my eyes stumbled upon a familiarly foreign logo.

Old Man Kopitiam. How strange I thought - that sign looks just like the Starbucks layout. That called for a secret private investigation! So up the stairs I ran to search for the random, peculiar rip off.

And there it was, looking exactly like a Starbucks outlet (minus the lone baby chair on standby in the front). So I grabbed a seat, and asked for a menu. Strangely enough, it embodied the layout and options that of Old Town's, white coffee, roti bakar, nasi lemak special and all. It did have the minor additions of sirap limau ais and several mamak staples though.

And that got me thinking. First came the invasion of the Starbucks nation, only to be penetrated by Old Town White Coffee outlets. Is Old Man Kopitiam the no man's land? The merge in between that will link all kopi lovers together? Or is it just a joke?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails